Monday, August 27, 2012

Political Expenience

I 've recently become interested in the politics of the world. As I grow up, I continue to find things in society that I don't agree with. Most of these things have to do with some sort of politics, weither it be on a national level or local organizations.

My story with politics began when I was in 8th grade. Each student in our classes had to complete the Golden Horseshoe test. I, along with 2 others were selected to go to the capital for our test scores on the Golden Horseshoe.

About two years ago, I began volunteering with the Memorial Day Committee Inc. to coordinate the parade every year. This organization taught me the basics of how to run meetings, as well as the use of Robert's Rules. This furthered my interest in politics

This summer I attended American Legion Mountaineer Boys State. There I learned how to run for a political office, as well as how political cacus works. The program also showed me how the job interview process works, as I interviewed to work at the Boys state bank, and accepted the Job offer for Vice President. As Vice President I oversaw the transactions the tellers of the bank entered into our systems.

This year I'm hoping to get more of an understanding of how political minds work. There are many policies that are passed that seem to have no explanation why. I would like to find an understanding how the process of creating a policy works without bias.

As for the future, I've thrown the idea of getting involved in city/county government. However, I'm not sure if this is the place for me to work. I have a lot of time to make a decision on what to do with the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment